ToucyBubble is a match 3 bubble popping puzzle game inspired by the cult hit “Puzzle Bobble”. In this mini course, you’ll learn how to make a TileMap based 2D puzzle game. We’ll cover a bunch of topics, including
- Updating TileMap cells on RigidBody collisions
- Making the best use of Spirtesheets
- Matching neighbouring bubble cells
- Detaching bubbles if they’re not connected to the ceiling
- The magic of ConfigFiles
- Making a persistent high score table
- Lowering a ceiling and Tilemap
- Adapting Tilemap cell co-ordinates after the Tilemap has moved
- Switching to and from symbols mode to make the game more accessible to players with colourblindness
And much more!
This course is designed for people who are comfortable with the basics of the Godot Game engine and it’s designed to be completable in an afternoon. At the end of the course, you’ll have a joyous, addictive and easily expandable puzzle game with delightful characters and bubbles everywhere.
So sign up today and help your players learn the mystical art of bubble popping.
Hi! I'm Yann!
I'm one of the founders of Canopy Games.
I have a Masters of Science in Theatre Education degree from the City College of New York and a Bachelor of Arts degree in Drama and Theatre Arts from Goldsmith's College, University of London. I currently live in the UK where I teach on a variety of subjects (mostly online).
I'm a passionate advocate for quality education in all fields, and my pedagogy is routed in a "learner-centered" model. I love my cats, teaching, playing computer, board and card games, exploring forests and cooking.
StartRigidBody to Tilemap Bubbles (5:48)
StartMatching Bubbles (15:09)
StartSpawning Only Available Bubble Colours (6:03)
StartDropping Disconnected Bubbles (6:19)
StartPopping Bubble Particles (8:56)
StartDropping Bubble Particles (7:13)
StartAdding An Aimline (7:03)
StartImproving The Aimline (2:39)
StartDropping The Ceiiling (8:57)
StartGame Over (8:51)