Godot Action RPG Course
Pre-order All the Godot Course Content For Our ARPG
Learn to make Your Godot 4 Action RPG with a series of courses in making a complete 3D action roleplaying game in the upcoming version 4 update of the Godot game engine. This is a pre-order course, following on from our success Kickstarter Campaign for folks who want to support the crowdfunding of the course but weren't able to back the Kickstarter!
Want to learn more? Download the tech demo for free!
Stretch Goals to make the courses even awesomer!
Our stretch goals are still achievable! The more funding we get the more expansive the courses will become. Below is a chart showing what'll you'll be getting as we pass each stretch goal. We'll keep this pre-order open until Godot 4's beta launch.
Why the Godot Game Engine?
- Godot is easy to learn & fun to use!
- It uses GDScript, a powerful, lightweight and easy to use scripting language loosely based on python
- Godot uses a system of nodes and scenes that allows for fast, efficient and easy to use object-oriented design
- Passionate, supportive community
- Completely free to use and publish
- We need more high-quality tutorials for working in 3D with Godot.
Here are some examples of what we will cover in the Godot course:
- Drag and drop inventory management
- Using plugins from the Godot Asset Library
- NPCs driven by behaviour tree AI systems
- Working with Gridmaps
- Making traps and switches
- Combat, health, stamina and character death
Why Godot 4?
Godot 4 is a major update from Godot 3.x, offering new lighting and rendering pipelines, particles physics, better navigation and so much more. It's faster, more visually impressive and a great iteration of a great engine.
Isn't Godot 4 still in development?
Yes. The screenshots and demo of this project were all made in Godot 3.3. The actual Godot part of the project will wait until Godot 4 is released (projected to be Q3 of 2021)
Can I use the assets you provide any way I want?
Almost! If you own an asset pack from us you can use them however you like, for personal or commercial projects with the exception of putting them in another asset pack.
Founded by Michael Bridges and Yann Burrett in 2019, Canopy Games seeks to deliver the best possible game development tutorials in the best possible way. We're passionate about education, creating a supportive community and helping people have a great time while teaching.
With a track record in both online and offline education, we at Canopy Games work hard to blend the best in theory and practice so that you can have the best learning journey possible.